Wednesday, June 29, 2011


As seen at Bonfoey Art Gallery...available through punchjordan Home

Paula Rubinstein

As the daughter of an artist, I've had a pencil or paint brush in my hand since childhood, so it was inevitable that I be an artist. I graduated as a medical illustrator from Ohio State and was hired in that capacity Pfizer Laboratories. I subsequently started the Department of Medical Art at Case Western Reserve School of Medicine.
Now the direction of my art has changed. Most of the year I paint in my studio overlooking a magnificent waterfall. My summers are spent at Lake Chautauqua where I am surrounded by flowers, 'antique' treasures from house sales and flea markets, and the fruits and vegetables from the farm across the road. These simple ingredients are the inspiration for the themes I paint, with the hope that the mood will linger on the canvas throughout the year.I have a spiritual feeling about and respect for our environment and never tire of it or take it for granted. I want my paintings to reflect that passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment